Board responsibilities and composition
The Board's main responsibilities are supervising Studentinord's operations and management, and to make sure that the enterprise is appropriately organised. The Board also decides Studentinord's budget and accounts.
The Board consists of 8 members. The student elect 4 members and 4 deputy members ranked 1-4. 2 members are appointed by Nord University and 2 members are elected among Studentinord's employees. The Board members are elected for a period of 2 years, and the term of office starts May 1st.
The students hold the majority of the Board if they please. The Chairman, who is a student, may use his/hers casting vote in case of equality of votes.
Board members, updated 1st of May 2019
- Karoline Wiik, student representative, Chairman
firstname.lastname@example.org / tlf. 976 62 444
- Kaja Varem Aardal, student representantive and Vice-Chairman
- Anders Drangeid, student representative
- Mia Larsen Sveberg, student representative
- Hanne Solheim Hansen, rep. Nord University
- Anita Eriksen, rep. Nord University
- Assad Munir, rep. Studentinord employees
- Svein Tore Johnsen, rep. Studentinord employees
- Jan Atle Toska, Nord University
- Lasse Finsås, Nord University
- Lisbeth Vistven Thomassen, Studentinord employees
- Erling Rognes Solbu, Studentinord employees
Studentinord wants transparency about the work of the Board, and about the activities in Studentinord. Transparency provides more information and gives better conditions for engagement by students and employees.
Cases that affects staff, negotiations or other business-sensitive information are treated confidentially by the Board.
Transparency about the Board's work has been discussed several times by the Board, most recently in case 4/18. The Board then enacted that the agenda and the protocol are made public. Case documents are sent to the main representatives in Studentinord, and to the leader of the Student Parliament, in advance of Board meetings.