Board responsibilities and composition
The Board's main responsibilities are supervising Studentinord's operations and management, and to make sure that the enterprise is appropriately organised. The Board also decides Studentinord's budget and accounts.
The Board consists of eight members. The students elect four representatives at the annual meeting of the Student Organization Nord (SON). Four deputy members ranked 1-4 is also elected. Two members are appointed by Nord University and two members are elected among Studentinord's employees. The Board members are elected for a period of two years, and the term of office starts May 1st.
The students hold the majority of the Board if they please. The Chairman, who is a student, may use his/hers casting vote in case of equality of votes.
Board members, updated 1st of May 2022
- Lars Glomsvoll, Chairman, student representative
Tel: +47 416 11 613
- Julia Tidem Føllesdal, student representative
- Adrian Kirkeby Reftun, student representative
- Vilde Gjevestad, student representantive
- Per Arne Skjelvik, rep. Nord University
- Lasse Finsås, rep. Nord University
Erling Rognes Solbu, rep. Nord University
Kirsti Grøtan, rep. Studentinord employees
- Deputy member for two years: Emelie Johansen, student representative
- Deputy member for one year: Live Bendiksby, student representative
- Jan Atle Toska, Nord University
- Levi Gårseth-Nesbakk, Nord University
Svein Tore Johnsen, Studentinord employees
Marianne K. Grenheim Hunstad, Studentinord employees
Studentinord wants transparency about the work of the Board, and about the activities in Studentinord. Transparency provides more information and gives better conditions for engagement by students and employees.
Cases that affects staff, negotiations or other business-sensitive information are treated confidentially by the Board.
Transparency about the Board's work has been discussed several times by the Board, most recently in case 4/18. The Board then enacted that the agenda and the protocol are made public. Case documents are sent to the main representatives in Studentinord, and to the leader of the Student Parliament, in advance of Board meetings.