Board responsibilities and composition
The Board's main responsibilities are supervising Studentinord's operations and management, and to make sure that the enterprise is appropriately organised. The Board also decides Studentinord's budget and accounts.
The Board consists of eight members. The students elect four members. Four deputy members ranked 1-4 is also elected. Two members are appointed by Nord University and two members are elected among Studentinord's employees. The Board members are elected for a period of two years, and the term of office starts May 1st.
The students hold the majority of the Board if they please. The Chairman, who is a student, may use his/hers casting vote in case of equality of votes.
Board members, updated 1st of May 2020
- Anders Drangeid, student representative, Chairman
firstname.lastname@example.org / tlf. 413 52 177
- Andreas Vestvann Johnsen, student representantive and Vice-Chairman
- Mia Larsen Sveberg, student representative
- Maria Håkensen Andersen, student representative
- Hanne Solheim Hansen, rep. Nord University
- Per-Arne Skjelvik, rep. Nord University
- Svein Tore Johnsen, rep. Studentinord employees
- Lisbeth Vistven Thomassen, rep. Studentinord employees
- Jan Atle Toska, Nord University
- Lasse Finsås, Nord University
- Erling Rognes Solbu, Studentinord employees
- Monica Jotun, Studentinord employees
- Julia Tidem Føllesdal, student
Studentinord wants transparency about the work of the Board, and about the activities in Studentinord. Transparency provides more information and gives better conditions for engagement by students and employees.
Cases that affects staff, negotiations or other business-sensitive information are treated confidentially by the Board.
Transparency about the Board's work has been discussed several times by the Board, most recently in case 4/18. The Board then enacted that the agenda and the protocol are made public. Case documents are sent to the main representatives in Studentinord, and to the leader of the Student Parliament, in advance of Board meetings.