NB! From 2 March, we will temporarily close for all visits at the health clinic, due to the corona situation in Bodø.
- If you have questions for health nurse Ingvild Kirkhus, you can send an e-mail to Ingvild.Kirkhus@studentinord.no or contact her on tel. +47 473 89 111. (NB! Do not write sensitive information in the e-mail).
- If you need to talk to a doctor, you can book a consultation via phone, Wednesdays between 14 and 16.
- Self-testing for chlamydia is not available during the time the university is closed.
Visit the Health clinic for advice about sexual health
The Health clinic for students is open every Tuesday and Wednesday in the Counselling service premises at entrance A on Campus. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays you can book an appointment with the Health Nurse (Helsesykepleier), and on Wednesdays between 2 and 4 p.m. a Doctor is also present.
The offer is free. All appointments must be booked in advance.
The Health Nurse or Doctor can help you with
- Advice and guidance related to your sexual health.
- Contraception guidance
- Free prescription for contraception
- Free pregnancy test and tests for sexually transmitted diseases
The Doctor can also do some examinations related to sexual health.
- Sexual health (with Health Nurse)
- Contraception guidance (with Health Nurse)
- Consultation with Doctor
Self-test of chlamydia
The Health clinic and Councelling service in Studentinord facilitates self-testing of chlamydia. You can test yourself on the test-toilets at Campus, or bring the test equipment home and take the test there.
General Practitioner (GP)
If you have the right to a regular General Practitioner (GP)/family doctor, you can find and register with your choice of doctor on helsenorge.no
Only students with Norwegian ID number are entitled to a GP. Students that don’t have a GP can use the emergency room when in need of medical attention.
Tel: 116 117
Open all hours.
If life is at stake call medical emergency number 113.
Health center for youth
Bodø municipality also has a health center for youth. Here you can meet a Public health nurse, Physiotherapist and Doctor. The offer is free.
Location: Sjøgata 15, 8006 Bodø.
Coverage for health services
Different rules on coverage apply depending on your country of origin and the length of your studies in Norway. Our general advice is to visit the student clinic or our counsellors if you have questions or need assistance in obtaining the proper health treatment.