Counselling and health services

We offer student counselling both face to face on campus and digitally.

3/14/1610:18 AM Erling Rognes Solbu

Studentinord gives you access to Student counsellors on campus, via phone or Teams. You canalso visit the Health clinic, apply for a refund from the health fund, and attend various courses throughout the year.

If you want to talk to someone else - or if you need help during periods we have closed - there are several other helplines you can contact.

View other helplines here, including "The Student Phone".


The student counselling service offers privat conversations within all sorts of challenges that you may face in student life. It can involve mental, social, physical or practical challenges – from loneliness and heartbreak to studying techniques. No questions are too small or too big to ask!

You don`t need a referral to talk to a Student Counsellor. The service is free and the Student consellors are bound by confidentiality.

Digital counselling

You may also book an appointment for digital counselling per Teams or phone. Read more and book appointment here

Health Clinic and Doctor

As a student you have access to health clinics on campus or in the city where you study. At the health clinic, you will meet a nurse and the Doctor. The health clinics have a special focus on sexual health and contraception.


Throughout the year we offer courses within stress management, examination practice, “speak up in meetings”, yoga, and other relevant courses.

Follow our social media channels to be updated.

Refund of health expenses

You can apply for a refund of your health expenses through Studentinord’s health fund.
Read more about refund of health expenses and apply here.

Ombudsperson for students

The ombudsperson for students is an independent, impartial person, whose role is to aid and advise students in cases related to studies and academic affairs. The ombudsperson has a duty of confidentiality and the service is free of charge.

Read more about Ombudsperson for students, and find contact information here.

Legal aid “Jusshjelpa”

Are you a student who needs legal aid? Jusshjelpa gives free legal assistance and consultations in selected areas. 

Read more about Jusshjelpa here

Sexual harassment and reporting misconduct

All students at Nord University are entitled to an enjoyable and safe learning environment. We therefore encourage you to report unwanted occurences of various character that may impact you in a negative way. Which service to use depends on the severity and the nature of the situation or incident.

Read more and report misconduct here

Read about the councelling services at your Campus



Mo i Rana





Digital counselling

Related Articles