Studentinord's counselling service is a low-threshold service for all students at Nord University. The service is free and the Counsellors are bound by confidentiality.
If you want to talk to someone else - or if you need help during periods we have closed - there are several other helplines you can contact.
When and where is the Student Counsellor available
- Room A322
- Thursdays: Dropin from 10.30 a.m. - 3.30 p.m.
- Available on Teams and phone
- Nothing is too big, nothing is too small!
- Book a session with the Student counsellor via our booking system. If you do not find a timeslot that suits you, you can always get in touch by phone to make an appointment.
Student Counsellor Truls Dahl, tel. 0047 958 68 011.
What can the Student Counsellor help with
In the course of your studies, you can experience situations that can be difficult to deal with on your own. At these times, you can come to the student counsellor with any questions or issues you might have.
These can be, for example:
- Personal challenges such as relationship difficulties, heartbreak, social stress and anxiety.
- Study-related difficulties such as motivation, delays, concentration problems, exam anxiety or time management.
- Economic issues such as student loans, debt and public benefits.
- Other challenges like substance abuse, eating disorders, anxiety and depression.
The Student Counsellor can also help you get in contact with public services, and facilitate cooperation between them, the student and the university.
Long waiting list?
If the Student Counsellor at your campus has a long waiting list, you can book a session on video or phone with a counsellor from one of the other Nord University campuses.