REQUIREMENTS FOR RETURN OF DEPOSIT
The tenancy deposit is returned to you when your housing unit is approved and the rent is settled. Please note that the payment can take up to 2 months during busy periods.
Deductions from your deposit can be made to cover cleaning cost or repair of damage. You can find rates and fees here. Cost for replacing furniture, garbage collection, etc. will also be charged.
1. TERMINATION OF CONTRACT AND CHECKING YOUR BANK DATA
Notification of termination must be made from My Page. Use the app Studentinord Bolig if you want to get important notifications from us. The term of notice is 2 months counted from date of termination.
It is very important that you check that you have registered the correct bank account number and address in order for us to be able to return your deposit.
If you use an international account, you must enter the SWIFT code of your bank, or the full name and address of the bank. The account owner's name must be exactly the same as the name you registered with us.
If you are using an international bank account, please note:
- that you have registered the correct SWIFT and IBAN / account number. If you are in doubt, contact your bank and ask for bank details
- that you use your own account and not your parents' or someone else's account number as the name will not match your name
- that you have entered your new home address
- that you enter both the first name, middle name and last name if you register an account number from Russia
2. BOOK INSPECTION
Make reservation for inspection from My Page. Use the housing app Studentinord Bolig if you want to get important notifications from us. Inspections will be conducted Monday to Friday between 8.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
Make sure that you book the inspection no later than 5 days before moving out. In busy periodes (May-June) we recommend to book even earlier to make sure you get the inspection when it suits you.
3. TIDYING AND CLEANING, and fill out the checklist
Please empty and clean your housing unit according to requirements in this list:
- Wipe and dust lamps and shelves, and remove stains.
- Wipe and clean both the inside and outside of the wardrobe, and also remember to wash on top the wardrobe.
- Clean walls, doors and door frames, windows and window frames.
- Furniture and bed must be wiped off and vacuumed.
- Scrub and wash tiles and walls in the bathroom.
- Clean the sink and the toilet thoroughly.
- Wash the mirror.
- Wash and tidy the kitchen, appliances and equipment. Your kitchen cabinet must be thoroughly cleaned. Also remember to clean the cooker hood / extractor fan, including the filter.
- Empty and clean your fridge and freezer.
- Wash and clean floors and moldings.
- Empty and clean your storage room (if you have one).
- If you live in a dublette/unit with shared common area, you must tidy and clean the common area.
Remember to fill out checklist so that we receive feedback on possible errors and shortcomings at the housing unit that should be corrected. The checklist can be found on the app Studentinord Bolig or on My Page. Please note that all sections must be completed and that you must click «submit» when you are done.
4. INSPECTION AND APPROVAL
We would like you to attend to the inspection. If you choose not to make reservations for inspection, or if you choose not to attend, the housing unit is considered handed over to us in the state that we find it.
5. DELIVER KEY
Key and laundry card must be handed over in accordance with the contract. You are responsible for ensuring that the key is delivered at the right time and place, so we strongly advise you not to leave the task to others.
Bodø: Deliver the key either at the inspection, or at Studentinord`s counter at Nord University.
Nesna: Please put your key and laundry card (if applicable) in the designated mailbox at your student home, preferably in an envelope.
Trøndelag (Namsos, Steinkjer, Stjørdal, Levanger): Please put your key and laundry card (if applicable) in the designated mailbox at your student home, preferably in an envelope. At Steinkjer you may also hand in the key at the housing office/bookshop on campus.
We thank you for the time you have been a tenant with us and wish you all the best!