Guri has a bachelor's degree in music from Levanger. As a student Guri was a member of Røstad scene and Røstad student choir. This way her every day life as a student became exciting and challenging in the evenings and weekends too. Getting to know fellow students also makes studying easier.
– It is easier to deal with the literature, assignments and projects in your study when you do it together. The first semester in university is very much about getting a safe social network, she says.
Many fresh students face their new status with lots of questions, and a fair amount of ucertainty. Guri offers comforting words.
– Relax, it will be alright. As long as you dare ask, there is always someone who will help, she assures.
How can the Student Host help you?
You can come to the Student Host with all kinds of questions regarding student life, i.e. "how to I sign up for the exam?", "Who is who on campus?", "How do I become a member of the Student Choir?", Where do I buy the literature I need?", How do I pay the semester fee?" etc.
The Student Host will set up a number of events for students during the autumn semester. This is to ensure that there is more going on at Levanger campus than lectures and essay writing. She will also offer support for student associations, and student representatives.
Get in touch
Student Host Guri Tranås
Tel. +47 917 77 604
The Student host
- works to ensure that new students settle in well to student life
- works with you as a new student to ensure you know what it takes to succeed at the University
- works for you at the university so that new students know what the city of Levanger has to offer
- is a contact person between students and the University
- is a contact person between students and Studentinord
- ensures that you know where to go for anything you might need
- is your gateway to a fabulous time during your studies at Nord University